Tuesday, February 2, 2010

McKay Choy Burrows

Most of you have probably heard about the passing of 2 LDS missionaries last week. The missionary from Utah, Elder Burrows, was from my stake. I didn't know him, but my little brother (who is currently on a mission in Austria/Germany) knew and loved him. My dad, as stake president, got to know McKay when interviewing him for a mission etc. And now my sister, who writes for the Herald in American Fork, has written a story on him:

Highland Missionary Remebered for Smile, Dedication

My heart goes out to this sweet boy's family. I pray for them every day (and cry every time I do). I know they can use your prayers for strength and comfort. Having a brother on a mission now gives me a little bit of insight as to how heart breaking that loss would be. But we try to always remember the Plan of Salvation, and the joy that comes with returning to our loving Heavenly Father. What a priceless knowledge that is.

Please pray for them.


2 comments:

  1. That is so sad! My little brother is on his mission right now too and I can't even imagine how hard it would be!!!

    Thank goodness for the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post today. Sad to think of a family going through something like that. My prayers go out to his family.

    Do you know how they are doing?

    ReplyDelete