Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Poor Little Boozer!

Boozer just turned 3!! But his birthday wasn't exactly a party...

He has had problems with his ear for the last few months. I've been cleaning it regularly, but it wasn't getting any better. We finally broke down and took him to the vet yesterday. We were hoping we would just need an antibiotic or something, but it turned out to be a bigger deal. The vet couldn't even see what was causing the issue because of all the build up.

So I took him back to the vet at 7 this morning for a minor surgery. They had to sedate Booz to get his ear thoroughly cleaned (SO EXPENSIVE!). He did well, and they found a cut deep in his ear. We have to take him back next week for them to see if it's healing, or if it's something more serious like a tumor. Yikes.

When I picked him up from the vet, he was really woozy. They said he'd act drunk for awhile. And he did. Apparently he's a sad drunk. He cried all the way home. And when I was walking him to our apartment, he wandered off aimlessly. I kept calling him, but he just looked around all confused. I was carrying Mae because she runs off, so I couldn't get Booz. Dave had to call him. He finally clicked into reality, just for a second.

He's still really groggy. He was totally out of it while I bathed and blow dried him, which was nice. He's a sweet little guy. I hope the worst is over. We love him so much-- enough to pay the vet bill!

1 comment: