Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentiversary!

You might be tired of reading Valentine's Day posts
(I'm not because I love them),
but if anyone is entitled to gush about Valentine's Day,
it's me. Because
it's my anniversary too!
My first anniversary!!

Our engagement picture

We had 3 days of Valentiversary, which was okay by me!

Friday we had dinner at Tiburon on Sandy.
It was incredible! Dave doesn't usually like "fine dining,"
because he'd rather have steak and potatoes
than duck with asparagus or whatever.
And he doesn't like paying a fortune for it either.
But we had a gift card from my boss,
so it was free!!!
Dave had bison, which was amazing,
and I had tri tip which was also fabulous.
He had an amazing crème brûlée,
which is really saying something.
We are crème brûlée connoisseurs!
Perfect evening
.

Saturday Dave came home with
two dozen long stem roses!

Then we "went camping" in our apartment.
This was my surprise for Dave.
I set up a tent in the living room and
we did camping activities:
fishing

(like in 1st grade where you throw the string over a sheet) for treats,
a bear hunt
by lantern light (a treasure hunt which ended with a bowl of gummi bears),
and s'mores and hot dogs
cooked over a small cooking stove.
It was as lame and cheesy as is sounds,
but it was also pretty fun and truly wonderful.
After camping, we went to dinner and a movie
with some good friends:
"Valentine's Day" and Tepanyaki.
That was a good time too.

Sunday, our actual Valentiversary
we didn't do much,
but that was the best part!
We watched TV from the tent
and had dinner at my parent's house.

It was an awesome weekend.
I'm so grateful for
my honey
--
for humoring me and my silly camping idea,
for treating me like a princess even when I don't deserve it,
for telling me I'm pretty when I look like garbage,
for always having my back even when I'm being unreasonable,
for opening my door always,
and for everything else he does
that I don't even notice anymore
because I've become accustomed to his
loving treatment
.

Our wedding day

I love you David.
You are my everything.
*I can't wait to spend many more Valentiversaries together*

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentiversary! It sounds like you had fun. How cute are you guys? Seriously miss you though. One of these days we'll be able to catch up on life. We need to either go on a double date or have a girl date. Hope it's soon. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It must be fun to have it on Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete