Thursday, February 18, 2010

Patriotic and Proud


I'm loving the Olympics!!
However, I haven't been glued to the TV 24/7 like so many people are these days.
Conveniently, I have an iphone app that has the
schedules, the medal count, the video highlights, etc.
(yes, there's an app for that)
So I've seen the good stuff! And by good stuff I mean:

Lindsey Vonn wins gold with a serious shin injury

The wrecks of Lindsey's competitors

Shaun White wins gold

Check it out!

I'm proud to be an American, and proud of all this country stands for and works for.
Let's hope it doesn't change so much that we can't recognize it any more as a
"nation under God . . . with liberty and justice for all.*"




I love this country and its noble history.
I love visiting Washington, D.C. and seeing all the work
that has gone in to building this country for centuries.
With all of the current political crises and
constant debate,it is so nice to take a step back
and see us as a TEAM-- all with the same goal.

USA! USA! USA!


*The English major in me insists I footnote my reference.
It's from the Pledge of Allegiance. I know you know that already

No comments:

Post a Comment