Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Divide Me

Last night, I woke up at 4 am or so,
feeling very unsettled, but not sure why.
Dave tried to help me calm down and feel better,
but I just felt like something was wrong.
I was anxious and nervous.
So Dave pulled out his phone and played some soft,
happy feeling songs.
The last song he played is one of my favorite
Kalai songs called "Divide Me."
It's a song about his wedding day:

"I've waited my whole life to feel this way...

I can't believe I'm here with you,

Living this fantasy romance..."

I was able to relax
and think about our wedding day
and how much fun it was.
I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day or
a better husband.
I drifted off to sleep thinking of
my dress,
my flowers,
my cake,
my family,
and especially my sweet husband
on the best day of our lives.

I'm grateful for a husband who is willing
to wake up in the night with me
when I'm acting like a six year old.
I'm grateful for a husband to thinks I'm pretty
when I look homeless and
who "writes songs" for me, daily
("You are my love and I love you.
Let's eat some dinner..." That's a pretty accurate example).
I'm grateful for a husband who isn't shy about
telling me he loves me
("Hey babe, just love you. That's all. Bye.")
I'm grateful for a husband who works
hard to support us.
Basically, I'm grateful I married the best guy ever
and my best friend.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (o: Husbands are the best ever! What a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! The writing songs part is so Paul! He writes silly songs too...especially when it comes to food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Husbands are the best... me and you are very similar in the sense that our husbands often have to soothe a six year old :)

    ReplyDelete