Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Work Things

So, I still really like my job. It's been awesome so far. Today they are rolling out some changes, one of which involves me:

There are two buildings of Call Assistant employees. The buildings are about a mile apart, and we will all be moving to a bigger space in March. In the meantime, I have been moved to the other building. This isn't necessarily a bad thing-- or a good thing really. It's just a thing. I still support Nathan (by original boss), but now I help his boss (Mike) and everyone else that works for Mike (Ashley and Sapi- who are in building 2). So that adds 3 more people to the list of people I support.

Not only that, but my desk is the front desk of the 2nd building. I thought my front desk days were over!! Sigh...

Things I've learned about the new building:
  • It's cleaner
  • It's quieter
  • It's colder
  • It's closer to my apt (by about 12 seconds :))
  • It's next door to Little Ceasars (this will be the death of me... or at least the death of my waist line...)
  • It's lonelier
And so it is. I will make the most of building 2, and hopefully I'll make some friends soon. Then maybe it won't be so lonely.

Funny story: As I was setting up my desk, some guy, about 22 yrs old, walks up and asks who I am. I explained I'm Nathan's assistant, but there were people at this building that needed an admin too. He sits down next to my desk with his lunch and says, "Well this is where I always eat my lunch, so I guess I'll be bugging you a lot." It's quite obvious that he's hitting on me. Then, even after I explained my job, he said, "So you're the receptionist?" "No, I am an admin. I just happen to sit by the front door. I'm too old to be a receptionist." He laughed and asked how old I was. "27." "Oh, you are too old." Then he picked up his lunch and went to the break room. Awesome. Crisis averted!

On a better note, these are the shoes I'm wearing today:
"Carrie" by Guess
xoxo



1 comment: