Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Bummer

Like I mentioned in my last post, I just switched offices for my job. Same company, different location.

Well, today was our Halloween party and it sucked. I don't know anyone, no one knows me, and everyone looked at me like I was nuts for dressing up! Only like 5 people dressed up.

I thought my costume was fun and creative: I wore pajamas, slippers, had my hair done (Thanks Isabel!) in a cute up-do and a tiara, and wore a fuzzy sleep mask (on my forehead). I was "Sleeping Beauty." I thought it was cute but I guess not.


At LANDesk, the company I worked for a few years ago, Halloween was awesome! Everyone dressed up and had a good time. They had everyone bring in their kids for trick or treating and a costume contest.

So, today I feel like an idiot because no one clapped for me in the costume contest.

6 comments:

  1. I love it Amy! And don't worry, they were probably surprised at your costume awesomeness, and were admiring your cuteness. And they were jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clippity-clappity-clap! I'll clap for you.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one at my company dressed up either. There was not even a single mention of Halloween. It was lame! Sometimes I miss the LANDesk days. I think your costume is great. Way to stick with it! I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! They're just lame. I've learned that you're better off to join in and have fun. If your work people aren't cool enough for that, that's not your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a cute costume idea. Do you watch the show Modern Family? Your experience reminded me of the Halloween episode they just aired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll clap!!!! I think your costume rocked!

    ReplyDelete