Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

We had such a great weekend!

We went to the first session of
Conference
on Saturday morning
(bright and early!)
and sat right by where the general authorities
come out of the tunnel.
Dave had never sat in the "
good seats" before,
so he was
thrilled (not that I wasn't...).

President Monson came out right before
the first session started.
He stopped and pointed to a 16 or 17 yr old
a couple of rows in front of us
and said, "Are you going to go on a mission?"
The kid nodded, and President Monson said,
"Okay, good." With that, and a big smile,
he proceeded to his seat.
How sweet!

My aunt (Julie B. Beck) spoke in that session,
and gave an incredible talk
(she always does-- they all do).
I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family!

She's so awesome :)

The session was amazing.
I love watching Conference at home in my jammies,
but it's a very different experience being there.

((Now I'll skip over the part where I very literally had an
anxiety attack when we were trying to leave
because the traffic (mostly pedestrian traffic) was so bad.
I almost jumped out of my skin!))

When we got home and changed,
we saw the Easter Bunny had come! WooHoo!
Treats for the afternoon session of Conference!

I'm looking forward to the
Conference edition of the Ensign.
I love reading over the talks and
being uplifted all over again.
Our goal this year is to read the talks together
(Dave and me of course).

I'm so grateful to have a knowledge and appreciation
for the real meaning of Easter.
How grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ
and His sacrifice so that we may all return
to live with our Father in Heaven again.
What a miracle it was that Christ has
"broken the bands of death.*"
He rose from the tomb that we all might rise again.

"God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.**"

*Book of Mormon,
Mosiah 16:7

**The Living Christ,
The Testimony of the Apostles,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

3 comments:

  1. I loved conference too! I think its the most amazing thing we have been given in this time and age! sounds like you guys had a great easter! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful confrence!! (; I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for conference and Julie and Easter and all that. We missed you for dinner though. Love you!

    ReplyDelete