Monday, December 21, 2009

2009-- The Highlights

I tried to come up with one highlight per month, or one highlight per season, but although it was a great year, I can't come up with very many specifics.

Mostly what was great about this year was marrying Dave, and then being with him all year. We moved a lot, and when through a lot together, but it was the being together part that was a highlight for me. I love going to sleep next to Dave (okay, that rarely happens because I go to bed early) and waking up next to him (and then quietly creeping out of the room to get ready for work).

I love our happy little family: Dave, me, Boozer, and Maeby. Our mini schnauzers are our children.

So being married to Dave is my number one highlight. Other random highlights:

  • Getting laid off from LANDesk (yeah, it turned out to be a good thing)
  • Our Honeymoon to Hawaii (my first time there. Hopefully not my last!)
  • My little brother Mike's mission farewell (Oh wait, we missed that! We'd flown home from Hawaii all night long, and slept in. Mike might never forgive me...)
  • Having our car broken into as we drove across the country, and having almost $7,000 dollars worth of stuff stolen (Oh wait, that sucked.
  • Having everything replaced by renter's insurance which we'd paid a total of $13 so far!
  • Moving to Baltimore and visiting D.C.
  • A trip home for my 90 yr old grandma's wedding
  • A girl's weekend in Park City. Shopping, sushi, and pedi's. HEAVEN!
  • My parents visiting (my dad had business in D.C.), and then staying with them in D.C. for a few days (went nuts in the art galleries with my mom. One of my fave trips of all time)
  • Dave's family visiting for the 4th of July
  • Orioles games
  • Moving to Atlanta
  • Braves games
  • My dad visiting (he had business in the area) and going to Six Flags with him
  • Moving back to Utah!!
  • Finding a great apartment for a really great price
  • Finding a wonderful job at BidSync in American Fork
Overall, it has been a wonderful year. Thanks for your contributions which helped make 2009 a great year. And 2010 is looking good from here...


1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo excited to see that youre back in UTAH! We need to double real soon!

    ReplyDelete