Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blog Slacker

Not much to report from Baltimore, but no news is good news. Work is going well for Dave. He started off strong, got into a bit of a slump, and has now picked up the pace again.

This morning we had a bit of a shock when Dave checked his bank account and saw that Pinnacle had deposited THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! It's obviously a mistake, but it was nice to look at for a minute. There's another Dave Jones that works for Pinnacle. We're wondering what that Dave did to get $13,000! We're doing fine, but not THAT fine! haha

My parents are flying in on Saturday-- my dad has business in DC (about 45 min from here). So we'll go to an Orioles game on Saturday and get some fresh crab at the harbor, and Sunday we thought we'd drive out to Gettysburg (about an hour away). Then on Sunday night I'll head to DC with my parents for a few days of culture at the Smithsonian with my mom. While the men-folk are working. Sorry Dave and Dad, but thanks for what you do to make it possible for me and mom to play!!

I don't know how much national coverage it got, but a couple of weeks ago a man shot up the Holocaust Museum. I was in DC headed to the temple when I heard the news. Such a scary thing, and I was only a couple of miles away. If any of you have been to the Holocaust Museum, you know it's enough to make anyone crazy. I left the museum after about 10 minutes. It was too painful. This man was an older gentleman filled with hate and anger. He killed a security guard and injured others. My mom and I will definitely avoid the Holocaust Museum, and hopefully we don't run into any other crazies!

I'm sure I'll have something to post about when I'm back from DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment