Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Going Green" Gone TOO Far!


I try not to rant on my blog, but here it goes. Buckle up!

Like I mentioned, Dave and I are living in Baltimore for the next few months. One of the things I've had to do in this new town is find the best grocery store around. You know, price comparison and whatnot. Well, one thing that all of the stores have in common is the desire to Go Green. Everyone wants to do their part. That's all good and fine; I like the earth just as much as the next person, but out here they've gone too far: They have cut back on the quality of their plastic!!!! In all forms!

Every time I bring in the groceries, the handles break on at least one bag. And it's usually while I have the dogs on their leashes in one hand. So I leave a busted bag of flour in a heap of broken plastic bag while I take the dogs back to the apt. Then I scoop up my wasted flour, throw it away, get a couple more bags from the car, and another bag breaks on my way back in. Unreal.

Then a week later, Dave was helping me bring in groceries. He picked up a case of water and the plastic on that broke too! Water bottles everywhere.

So yes, I want to save the world , but give me back my slightly more reliable and much more reusable grocery bags. That's how I recycle! JEEZ!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny! Here in NYC they double bag EVERYTHING so that you can get it home. Maybe you can request that your groceries be double bagged. If they give you a mean look, you can always use your dogs for an excuse.

    ReplyDelete